Sales Engineer / Subject Matter Expert
April 10, 2017
The Sales Engineer is an integral part of the Managed IT offering within Advance Business Systems. The Sales Engineer handles all pre-sale matters and works in conjunction with other organizational sales reps to evaluate, manage, and close business. The Sale Engineer creates a vision for potential clients which allows them to see the benefits of outsourcing their IT needs. This entails a strong technical knowledge, combined with excellent communication skills in order to portray intangible technical concepts in a simplified manner. The Sales Engineer is dynamic, positive, proactive, and able to adapt to any challenges or loopholes thrown their way. Besides educating prospects on the benefits of our services, the Sales Engineer will also assist in training other internal sales reps on recognizing and qualifiying leads.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Determine customer pain points as it relates to management of their IT environment.
- Use various tools in order to uncover current gaps that a potential client might have within their current IT environment, and analyze these results.
- Develop solutions that are tied to, and communicated in accordance with, customer needs.
- Demonstrate passion for the leverage of remote services and cloud computing offerings, and communicate complex technical concepts in a straightforward and simple manner.
- Educate C Level audience on benefits and merits of remote services, future trends, benefits of specialization.
- Ask for the business and close the sale.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- At least 5-7 years of technical experience
- Certifications within the IT industry
- At least 3-5 years of sales experience within a technical field
What you can expect when you join Advance
- Competitive base plus commissions
- Professional sales environment with opportunities for advancement based on performance
- Ongoing training
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, Rx, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with excellent company match
Qualified candidates may submit resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Advance!Advance was recently named a Best Place to Work by the Baltimore Business Journal and a Baltimore Sun Top Workplace. To learn more about how We Live and Breathe This Stuff, follow us on Twitter (@advancestuff), Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.