Human Resources Manager
April 12, 2017
Advance is a brand built on innovative business technology. We help organizations, like the Baltimore Ravens, tackle tough business problems with the best thinking and the right technology to keep them ahead of the curve and the competition. We are seeking a dynamic and collaborative Human Resources Manager to lead our HR Department. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the HR Manager is responsible for directing and/or performing daily HR functions including recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, and legal compliance as well as serving as a strategic business partner to the organization.
This is a great opportunity to expand your HR career and make an impact on a growing business.
- Provide leadership and expertise for the full scope of HR functions including organizational effectiveness and change, talent management, learning and development, and performance management.
- Develop performance management process, ensuring that all employees have performance plans, goals and reviews; coaching managers; training on new processes well as ensuring consistent and standardized performance management.
- Drive efficiencies within HR Department and organization in order to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Manage recruitment process including interviewing, hiring, applicant processing.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Develop, recommend and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Support Advance’s winning culture through communications and employee events.
- Build productive relationships with staff at all levels.
- Functional knowledge and application of best practices in performance management, compensation, and talent acquisition
- Expertise in benefits administration (self-funded health plans a plus)
- 3-5 years HR Management experience
- Possess and maintain knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate positively and constructively both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree required, HR certification a plus
- Experience working in a small-mid size family-owned business preferred
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan including health, Rx, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an excellent company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- On-site Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting your qualifications to recruit@AdvanceStuff.com. Thank you for your interest in Advance!
Advance was recently named a Best Place to Work by the Baltimore Business Journal and a Baltimore Sun Top Workplace. To learn more about how We Live and Breathe This Stuff, follow us on Twitter (@advancestuff), Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.