Director of Finance
June 19, 2017For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance Business Systems is a highly respected office equipment, document solutions, and IT services provider in Maryland. As a 53-year-old family owned company, Advance has built a customer-focused culture while cultivating a positive and engaged workforce.
Advance is seeking an innovative director of finance to join our management team. Reporting to the COO, the director of finance will be responsible for providing overall strategic and operational direction to Advance’s Accounting, Purchasing, and Billing teams.
The qualified candidate is a proven leader who has experience managing and motivating high performing teams. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and guide the work of the accounting, purchasing and billing teams including hiring, coaching and developing.
- Define, control and enforce accounting policies and internal controls.
- Ensure timely preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and management reports.
- Develop innovative and improved processes to increase effectiveness and proper execution of departmental and organizational operations.
- Maintain and develop relevant metrics and operating reports and advise management and the executive team on financial strategies to optimize company performance.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10 years of experience in a senior-level financial/accounting management role
- Expertise in developing and implementing annual budgets
- Proven record of control and accountability in managing internal department budgets and setting clear objectives to achieve
- Experience with business process improvement strategies / business consulting preferred
- Experience within privately owned and operated business is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving, process improvement, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- CPA and/or Master’s Degree preferred
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan including health, Rx, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Provided Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an excellent company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- On-site Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Advance.